The leading global multi-specialist B2B agency is searching for a permanent Events Director to join our team in Singapore.
Reporting to MOI's General Manager in APAC, the Event Director will be responsible for planning, executing and managing head-turning virtual and physical experiences for some of the world's greatest technology organisations. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced events leader to direct our experiential team in Singapore and collaborate with our specialists in London and North America to grow MOIs award-winning Experiential service to tech giants across the globe.
In this role, the Event Director will:
- Clearly direct and drive the experiential team with clear decision-making to deliver seamless events
- Take ownership on delivering conferences – including overseeing logistics, speaker management, sponsorship management, delegate management and financial management
- Ensure that the event services and solutions offered deliver ROI and solve client challenges
- Ensure MOI solutions are based on best practices and ahead of our competition
- Offer clear strategic thought at all levels, understanding client needs, thinking outside the box and ensuring that the client is always given quality direction
- Ensure that work is delegated appropriately to ensure that the correct service levels can be provided to the client at all times i.e. an exec can do admin to free up a manager to coordinate the whole project, to allow the account director capacity to add strategy, content and planning advice and guidance to client projects.
- Manage the resource to ensure that workload is shared evenly across the team and that no-individual team member is either over-burdened or underutilized
- Delegate responsibly and ensure that all team members are benefiting from your time, and exposure to different projects to increase their skills
- Drive team synergy and positive team spirit to ensure your team feels supported, can execute and deliver assigned aspects of the client business plans on time and budget, has a clear understanding of team and individual goals
- All conflict is dealt with in a positive manner with minimum fuss
- Be accountable for ensuring that the management team are regularly updated on progress of the event
- Work closely with the client servicing and growth team to drive business revenue
- Report timely on sales forecast and revenue recognition to ensure the profitability of the business
What we need from you:
MOI is a B2B agency with creative thinking that solves customers’ business problems running through its veins. Everyone brings different skills and experience and we thrive on creating change. Collaboration lays the foundation for creating Turning Heads ideas and problem-solving, and we need you to play your part. That’s why it’s vital you’re an Events Director with a strong personality, a flair for doing things differently, and have:
- Experience of organising virtual and physical B2B events (preferably for tech organisations)
- A minimum of 5 years+ experience in organizing live events, meetings and exhibitions
- The ability to understand client objectives and interpret them to develop a integrated event strategy (including good listening and questioning skills)
- Experience managing multiple events at any one time with the ability to multi-task and prioritize based upon the event requirements. The role will involve managing event projects from an end-to-end perspective, therefore candidates will need to understand all aspects to event management from initial briefing to pre-event management, to on-site production and through to analyzing the success of event projects.
- The ability to juggle multiple tasks smoothly, be organized, and have good time management and control. Managing the clients and colleagues’ expectations accurately with the ability to meet agreed deadlines
- Experience managing a wider team on site at an event, with the ability to troubleshoot on site at events before anyone else, react accordingly and provide solutions to the internal team, external suppliers, and clients alike
- Immaculate attention to detail & writing skills – can input information quickly, accurately and thoroughly. Comfortable with proofreading and basic copywriting
- Financial control experience producing client-facing budgets and closely of tracking campaign costs
- A confident and positive attitude – this is a client-facing role that needs a happy, enthusiastic and professional person who is happy to get involved in a wide range of marketing/event activities and understands how to liaise and present themselves in front of clients and suppliers within a working environment.
- Literate skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint – a good understanding and experience in working with spreadsheets and creating proposals and presentations in PowerPoint
- A calm approach – our working environment gets extremely busy and stressful. The ability to be able to work independently when needed, be forward-thinking and use initiative. Ability to make reactive decisions confidently and coherently on-site at events quickly that are the right decision and articulate to the wider team in a positive way
MOI is the world’s leading global multi-specialist B2B agency, with offices in London, New York, Seattle, Dubai, Singapore, Munich, and Sydney.
As Best Agency of the Year (B2B Marketing Awards 2022) and Best Company to Work For (Best Companies), we’re committed to redefining the business of creativity as the catalyst for B2B growth. Why? Because we believe B2B experiences can be so much better.
We embrace different and deliver on our vision through our proprietary approach to strategy-informed creative thinking. Our Turning Heads™ methodology combines the best of strategic consulting, creative thinking, media, technology, and sales expertise. This enables us to develop intelligent, head-turning solutions which creates change and empowers our clients to differentiate, transform, and grow.
Some of the world's largest tech organisations trust us to turn the heads that count, including Adobe, Ciena, Dropbox, Facebook, Google Cloud, Oracle, ServiceNow and Proofpoint.
We’re an equal opportunity employer which embraces diversity and inclusivity. If you need support during any part of our recruitment process through disability, our recruitment team is here to help. Don't hesitate to get in touch and raise any concerns you may have during the application process.