This role is a temp to perm opportunity with an initial contract of 6 months.
MOI is looking for a Content Writer
who is interested in B2B tech to join our exciting new Content & Experiences Practice. Sitting within the Global Strategy team and reporting to the VP Customer Experience, the Content Writer will serve a pivotal role as the B2B subject-matter expert and the author of original content that serves a variety of stakeholders within our client organizations. This includes brand and solution content for marketing and sales organizations (in some cases tailored to specific accounts or verticals); forward-looking, analytical, and/or trend-based content for corporate thought leadership platforms; and content produced on behalf of specific company executives (i.e.; CMO or CIO) who are seeking to expand their social media presence and influence the industry.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a ‘strategically minded’ writer or a technology journalist who not only understands the macro-level trends, innovations, and disruptions that are affecting B2B tech brands, but someone who also has a deep appreciation for the nuances and complexities that are crucial to successfully connect with the B2B buyer mindset. As part of our development process at MOI, the Content Writer will partner closely with a Strategist to collaboratively develop an editorial approach, identify topics relevant to the client’s business, conduct stakeholder interviews with experts in the client organization, hone insights about the target audience, and formulate a unique point of view. The Content Writer will be exclusively responsible for establishing a tone of voice for the brand (or executive leader) and developing this into a polished content series consisting of blog posts and articles (in the range of 1500-2000 words).
The Content Writer will have proven experience in 3 areas:
- Writing impressive marketing and sales content for the B2B tech industry
- Self-managing, highly organized, and ability to juggle multiple deadlines and accounts
- Collaborating with a team of writers and strategists to peer edit and deliver a comprehensive content program for our clients
The ideal candidate is:
- Strategically minded: you are innately curious and ‘hands on’ in performing your own research (e.g.; desk research, social listening, news monitoring), you know how to identify editorial topics that are relevant to our clients’ business, and you are not shy to formulate a unique/headline-grabbing POV that can serve as the backbone for a stand-out piece of content.
- Skilled Technology Writer: you are a seasoned writer, editor, or journalist who speaks the language of B2B tech and you are fully comfortable developing long-form written content. In your previous role you may have worked at a creative agency, in-house at a B2B brand, or as a contributor to a B2B or tech publication and you bring your own unique writing style. Note: we are looking for editorial (opinion-based) writers who can comment on topical issues, not technical writers (for example, those focused on software or instructional manuals).
- Background in B2B marketing: you have a broad understanding of (and passion for) B2B marketing and a vigorous appetite to explore the dynamics that are shaping how Fortune 500 tech companies take their brands to market and how they sell their products/services. You are comfortable writing about a variety of topics that affect B2B tech brands.
- Passion for technology: you are passionate about the B2B technology landscape and the ways companies can leverage technology platforms to grow their business. Whether it’s about cybersecurity solutions, workflow management, dev-ops, or IT infrastructure, you have a knack for exposing interesting perspectives and turning them into stories about business growth.
What you bring:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional writing experience
- 3 writing samples for a B2B or tech brand and/or link to portfolio of published work
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field preferred
- Excellent grammar and writing skills are a must
We'd like to hear from you if:
- You're highly collaborative, a team player
- You're interested in content marketing as a career
- You have experience writing a variety of content forms, both short- and long-form such as articles, blog posts, white papers, emails, and e-books
- You have knowledge of B2B audiences and decision-makers
- You're well-organized and independently motivated
- You have experience peer editing and collaborating with other writers
- You understand, and have experience with, on-page SEO
- You understand distribution channels including search engines, social media, and email
- You have a passion for working with high-tech clients
When today’s always-on world means your buyers can research, reject, or shortlist your brand without even talking to you, we’ll get you into the conversation. MOI Global is a B2B creative agency connecting you with a new breed of buyer. Re-engineering your marketing eco-system to target the places they hang out and the people they listen to.
With offices in Weybridge, London, New York, Singapore and Sydney, we help our clients deliver head turning campaigns that target international and local markets. Our services cover all aspects of a buyer's omni-channel world, including digital, social media, events, direct mail and telemarketing. Clients include Oracle, Genesys, Capgemini, CenturyLink, Sage, Software AG, Vodafone, Red Hat, F5.
For more information, please visit www.moi-global.com