A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Account Director to join the growing MOI team in London. This exciting senior role is a great opportunity for a talented and passionate Account Director to work on some of the world’s leading technology clients. The role demands clear thinking, an entrepreneurial growth mindset and experience in developing integrated B2B marketing programmes for tech brands.
Reporting to our VP of Customer Engagement, you would be a key member of the CS team providing strategic direction, financial control and day-to-day operations of the accounts, helping to lead a busy regional account team in the planning, creation and implementation of campaigns while ensuring quality of work and delivery of services to the highest standard.
Our blended working policy is built so you can define your own experience. You’ll come into our London HQ in Waterloo at least once a week, and can work flexibility from anywhere the rest of the time—depending on client demands and important meetings.
The role would specifically include:
Client Relationship Development
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all key client decision-makers at both a senior and operational level in order to be commercially successful
- Review and monitor client feedback (positive and negative) on a constant basis to ensure clients feel their needs are being met
- Encourage clients to allow us to actively participate in the development of campaign strategies and communication plans at the initial planning stages so we can guide, advise and add value in the pursuit of delivering award-winning marketing programmes
- Proactively instigate client and internal brainstorms to achieve the strategic and creative goals of the account
- Direct, retain and grow the accounts to meet annual revenue and margin targets
- Lead new business chemistry meetings, pitches and proposals
- Create comprehensive account plans to win new business from new and/or existing clients
- Staying abreast of the latest technology/IT market trends and challenges alongside new and emerging B2B marketing solutions
- Direct and manage the account teams to ensure campaigns are executed in accordance with client expectations and quality standards
- Taking the lead in annual/ bi-annual procurement, client and campaign reviews
- Maintain rigorous financial management of all accounts, providing accurate monthly forecasts and demonstrating full commercial control over all client accounts
Marketing Campaign Management and Execution
- Provide excellent account direction by proactively advising clients on top-level marketing strategies, developing clear briefs that inspire creative marketing solutions that deliver results
- Support the Account Managers in preparing campaign proposals, identifying clear deliverables, accurate budgets, and realistic timelines, with ROI measurement criteria
- Attend client meetings (travelling abroad when required) or conference calls (sometimes after working hours) to take new campaign briefs, taking the lead role in a meeting/call to understand client requirements
- Develop and deliver successful marketing campaigns from brief through to ROI
- Work with the team to nurture their performance, skills and personal development to ensure that all campaigns are executed flawlessly from briefing to post-campaign reporting
- Inspire, motivate and mentor the team to manage clients professionally
- Train and guide the team to ensure full understanding of the client brand, their key products and services, business sectors, and buyer behaviours
- Ensure their campaigns are constantly delivering results and being managed to a high standard and delivered within the agreed timeline
- Ensure they follow all MOI internal processes and procedures correctly and consistently
- Maintain a reasonably detailed knowledge of campaigns they are working on (and its status) to be able to cover for any absence and provide a point of escalation for the client
Skills, Competence and Experience
- At least 6-7 years’ experience in an integrated marketing agency
- Passionate about marketing, with experience of marketing in the IT sector
- Demonstrable portfolio of successful marketing programmes
- Calm under pressure – our working environment gets extremely busy
- Confident and proactive with a positive attitude
- Needs to be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) with a strong personality
- Self-motivated and driven - they must be committed to what the role entails, can embrace the challenges and be hungry to learn
- Disciplined, focused and able to work remotely with regional teams
- Self-starter with a growth mentality, will be integral to our expansion and growth in the region (entrepreneurial, BD or sales experience will be a huge advantage)
MOI is the world’s leading global multi-specialist B2B agency, with offices in London, New York, Seattle, Dubai, Singapore, Munich, and Sydney.
As Best Agency of the Year (B2B Marketing Awards 2022) and Best Company to Work For (Best Companies), we’re committed to redefining the business of creativity as the catalyst for B2B growth. Why? Because we believe B2B experiences can be so much better.
We embrace different and deliver on our vision through our proprietary approach to strategy-informed creative thinking. Our Turning Heads™ methodology combines the best of strategic consulting, creative thinking, media, technology, and sales expertise. This enables us to develop intelligent, head-turning solutions which creates change and empowers our clients to differentiate, transform, and grow.
Some of the world's largest tech organisations trust us to turn the heads that count, including Adobe, Ciena, Dropbox, Facebook, Google Cloud, Oracle, ServiceNow and Proofpoint.
We’re an equal opportunity employer which embraces diversity and inclusivity. If you need support during any part of our recruitment process through disability, our recruitment team is here to help. Get in touch with us today.