We’re looking for an experienced freelance Event Manager who can help us rattle a few cages in the B2B world and tackle the world of hybrid events. You’ll be working at a creative agency with a young and vibrant team who want to change the way things are done in B2B events to make it really work in the modern world.
You need to be confident, energetic, have tons of initiative, be calm under pressure and have a smart image. And, of course, know B2B events inside out.
Reporting to our friendly Event Director, you’ll need to be confident, self-motivated, have a smart image, and most importantly, be hungry to learn.
We need you right now, and we need you to hit the ground running, so make sure you send your application soon.
The role would include:
· Responsibility for the end-to-end management of a wide variety of B2B hybrid/virtual event projects across different clients and across multiple regions. This includes the ability to deliver high quality B2B events with a highly proactive as well as reactive approach with the ability to build trusted relations with the client base.
· Management of events on site and attendance at all managed live events (conferences, seminars, dinners, exhibitions, roadshows etc) and virtual events taking a lead management role to bring the event project to fruition.
· Management of live events on site/virtually throughout APAC.
· Pre-event management including taking detailed client briefs, preparing proposals, constructing budgets and timelines, attending client meetings and working closely with creative teams, copywriters, printers, audio visual suppliers, external venues and other 3rd party suppliers to ensure projects are executed professionally, on time, and within budget and client expectations.
· Financial control of event projects, including complete cost control throughout the project ensuring best negotiated rates and delivery of each campaign within budget.
· Project management of project team ensuring that all deliverables are delivered ahead of schedule and to the highest possible standard regardless of size or scale of event. Including the detailed planning of all event with the production of timelines, proposals, project plans and regular communication with the client.
· Account management and client nurture. Client communications are an essential aspect to the role. The role also requires the individual to add value to client campaigns and events, with the ability to offer advice to the client with regard to best practices and achieving the best ROI from their event.
· Attendance at client and supplier meetings and briefings.
· Ideal candidate will be an existing Event Manager with minimum of 4-5 years+ experience in organising virtual/live events, meetings and exhibitions.
· Agency experience essential
· Comprehensive understanding of the B2B event management industry
· Ability to understand client objectives and interpret them to develop an integrated event strategy (including good listening and questioning skills)
· Excellent organiser – must have experience in managing multiple events at any one time with the ability to multi-task and prioritise based upon the event requirements. The role will involve managing event projects from an end-to-end perspective, therefore candidates will need to understand all aspects to event management from initial briefing to pre-event management, to on site production and through to analysing the success of event projects.
· Strong project manager – be able to juggle multiple tasks smoothly, be organised, have good time management and be in control. Managing the clients and colleague’s expectations accurately with the ability to meet agreed deadlines.
· Experience of line managing an Event Executive, as well as managing a wider team on site at an event, with the ability to troubleshoot on site at events before anyone else, react accordingly and provide solutions to the internal team, external suppliers and clients alike.
· Immaculate attention to detail & writing skills – can input information quickly, accurately and thoroughly. Comfortable with proof reading and basic copywriting
· Financial control - experience of producing client facing budgets and closely of tracking campaign costs.
· Team player - happy to take instructions but also work independently and proactively when required.
· Confident and positive attitude – this is a client facing role that needs a happy, enthusiastic and professional person who is happy to get involved in a wide range of marketing/event activities and understands how to liaise and present themselves in front of clients and suppliers within a working environment.
· Self-motivated and driven - they must be committed to what the role entails, can embrace the challenges and be hungry to learn.
· Excel, Word and PowerPoint literate – a good understanding and experience in working with spreadsheets and creating proposals and presentations in PowerPoint
· Calm under pressure – our working environment gets extremely busy and stressful. The ability to be able to work independently when needed, be forward thinking and use initiative. Ability to make reactive decisions confidently and coherently on site at events quickly that are the right decision and articulate to the wider team in a positive way.
· Experience in or inquisitive about virtual events and social media and have knowledge of its role in B2B marketing and event management.
MOI is the world’s leading global multi-specialist B2B agency, with offices in London, New York, Seattle, Dubai, Singapore, Munich, and Sydney.
As Best Agency of the Year (B2B Marketing Awards 2022) and Best Company to Work For (Best Companies), we’re committed to redefining the business of creativity as the catalyst for B2B growth. Why? Because we believe B2B experiences can be so much better.
We embrace different and deliver on our vision through our proprietary approach to strategy-informed creative thinking. Our Turning Heads™ methodology combines the best of strategic consulting, creative thinking, media, technology, and sales expertise. This enables us to develop intelligent, head-turning solutions which creates change and empowers our clients to differentiate, transform, and grow.
Some of the world's largest tech organizations trust us to turn the heads that count, including Adobe, Ciena, Dropbox, Facebook, Google Cloud, Oracle, ServiceNow and Proofpoint.
We’re an equal opportunity employer which embraces diversity and inclusivity. If you need support during any part of our recruitment process through disability, our recruitment team is here to help. Get in touch with us today.